Customer Care: +356 2347 2000 | customercare@solarengineeringltd.com
Thermal Insulation

Thermal Insulation

Solar Engineering Ltd is the sole distributer of the best the best Wall and Roof Insulation material, the Styropan XPS eXtruded PolyStyrene. Styropan XPS eXtruded PolyStyrene is a synthetic foam material, widespreadly used in our country as well as worldwide with many applications in the building industry. It is of closed cell structure, which by a process of polymerisation and continuous extrusion turns it into insulation boards.

During the production of styropan XPS, the raw material mixture is homogenized and liquidated under controlled conditions of temperature and pressure in special extruders. Upon exiting the extruder and as the pressure drops the gas expands causing the mixture to form a foam which is finally shaped into boards, which are then led by special machines to be cut, for their surfaces to be treated and their edges trimmed.

The final product is a homogeneous-insulating material with closed cells of 0,05 to 0,5 mm diameter and with a wall thickness of only 1mm. What is impressive is that, despite the fact that 97% of its volume consists of inert gas and the remaining 3% is the walls ressembling a honeycomb, stryropan XPS eXtruded PolyStyrene is a material having excellent thermal and mechanical qualities.

Due to its excellent thermal and mechanical properties styropan XPS is widely used in a number of applications offering architects,engineers,builders and craftsmen reliable building and refurbishing solutions.

Insulation Insulation Insulation
Heat Pumps Uses

Performance Advantages

Insulation

Styropan xps is manufactured in accordance with EN 13172 and EN 13164 using CO2 technology and is quality cotrolled by Guteschutzgemeinschaft Hartschaum e.V. (GSH). The rigid foam boards can be used with great versatility to insulate the building envelope. Variations in the slot die allow board thicknesses from 20mm to 100mm. The smooth foam skin resulting from the extrusion process remains on the boards or is mechanically removed to achieve better adhesive strength in combination with concrete, mortar or construction adhesives. The boards manufactured in order to be used in External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems (ETICS) recieve a special embossed surface pattern while the boards used inside the formwork before pouring the concrete recieve linear grooves.

The properties that differentiate styropan xps among other insulating materials are high -up to 500 kPa- compressive strength, low water absorption and exceptional thermal resistance. That is why, green and parking roof application as well as base insulation (splash water zone of the ETICS) are the most common field of application.

Aleo Solar AG
S-Energy
Helional
Ariston
Vivax
Olimpia Splendid
Pure Pro
Styropan